Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Budget Beach Kitchen

Ahhh. Marc took his car to get fixed this morning and Gideon is still sleeping. I have the house to myself! This never happens!!!!

So...I am getting more and more excited about the beach house. My mom and I went to a local craft show a few weekends ago and got some cute beachy things like this mermaid painted on an old fence piece. I know I have a tendency to slip into camp, so I'm trying to contain myself...but it's hard! :)





We also got bikes and a bike trailer to pull Gideon, which we've tried out a couple of times around the neighborhood. So much fun! But a slightly flatter terrain might be better...or maybe not...it's a good workout. I even threw Lulu in for a ride.

We go down this weekend to see the next round of progress. This whole renovation thing is certainly easier when you're not doing it yourself...although I really kind of like doing it myself!

I've been a little stuck on the kitchen. Originally I was planning on white cabinets, white or black counters and a black and white vinyl floor. Then I fell in love with the Boomerang formica in aqua, but thought the black and white vinyl would make it look like a 50s diner (see...camp...I can't escape it). I was also worried the black and white vinyl would be a PITA to keep clean.





I grew to love the Tarkett fiberfloors and especially this fake-o cork one that also happens to be really cheap and now I'm thinking I'll go with the fake cork floors and one of the VirrVarr patterns from Formica.





No comments:

Post a Comment