Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ideas

Right now I'm leaning toward an IKEA kitchen with the white Applad or Stat cabinets. Stat looks a little more beachy/country with the paneling. I might be able to mix and match them. Stat cost a little more, and we are trying to be VERY frugal.

Stat cabinets


Applad cabinets


Countertops will be dark. The contractor said he'd seen 24 inch granite tiles locally with bullnose edges, but I'll also look at the Ikea countertops when we go up.

Floors will, I think, be black and white checkerboard. I'd really like something like Marmoleum, but the best bet might either be sheet vinyl or ceramic tiles. Water damage from any possible flooding is an issue.

White appliances. We're trying to find integrated washers and dryers to actually put under the cabinets like many kitchen in Europe have.

I did a mock up today of the space, but a lot of layout choices will come down to the cost of moving electric and plumbing. If we can't afford to do much, I think I still have a pretty workable plan.

Bathrooms I'm thinking white beadboard with subway tiles. Very simple, light and bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment